Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why did I create this blog?

OK. So here it goes. I am making a blog. I am creating a public form of accountability for myself. I have plenty of time, and plenty of energy to take on this challenge, and I just need to take that first step. So here it is. My first step. I know that nobody is reading this at this point, and I know that this is not going to change me. I need to change me. I need to make a concerted and conscious decision to change myself, and my habits, for the better. I have decided that this is what I want, now I just need to do it. So where do I go from here?

First, I will jog for 30 minutes tonight. (Ok, OK. I am willing to bet it will be more of a brisk walk with spurts of jogging, lol.) But thats ok, I am going to do it for 30 minutes, regardless.

Tonight, I will write down my menu for the week.

Tomorrow, I will go buy my food. Then I will prepare my weeks worth of meals. Set out, measured out. The way that I need it to be, for me. I will not cheat. I will not give in, and I most certainly will NOT give up or lose hope in myself and what I am capable of.

Then, I will follow through with my promise to myself, by continuing to work out for 30 minutes everyday, except Sundays, to help me reach my goals. I will not "cheat" on my foods that I eat. I throughly enjoy the food that I have been told that I can eat, and so I will remind myself that they are a source of energy, not a means by which to become happy. They will aide me in my venture, and I will not allow food to hinder me from reaching my goals. Absolutely not.

Last, I will report here. I will do my absolute best to write my feelings down. The discipline that it will take to update this blog will help me gain the discipline I need to reach my goal. What is my ultimate goal exactly? Well, I can't say in detail what it is that I want, other than I need to be healthy. And I am going to do whatever it takes to get there.

So, there it is. My goal, my thoughts, my feelings right now. Will they change? I am sure. Will there be times that I fall? Well, I am quite certain of it. But, I will keep my faith in God and myself, and I know that no matter what, I am GOING to do this. I have reached the last straw. Say a prayer for me, because here i go...

No comments:

Post a Comment