Friday, September 4, 2009

Breakfast Served

So, I made and ate my first breakfast.

1/2 a cup of egg whites, with a small handful of mushrooms
1 packet of plain instant oatmeal, with 5 blackberries

I managed to eat it all. lol. The oatmeal left something to be desired. There has got to be a way to make that mush taste better. Don't get me wrong, I have loved oatmeal all of my live. My grandmother used to make it for me on a regular basis, and it was by far my favorite breakfast meal (she used to let me eat it out of the pot after it cooled. mmmm). But this is not what my grandmother used to make. Its minus the gallong of milk, and neverending sugar. Its just plain oatmeal. I have to figure out a way to make it palatable for myself. Maybe strawberries will do the trick?

The eggs were great though. I really liked them. The mushrooms give it a better consistency, and add a small punch of flavor that would otherwise be lacking due to the absence of yolks. I did good. No salt, no seasoning, and it was still edible. Tomorrow I may try some tomato and onion with a smidge of garlic (or maybe I'll just add some Pace, and then not eat it with my lunch, like I had originally planned.). Either way, the eggs are going to be a hit, I know it! lol

So, now that breakfast is out of the way, I can focus on the rest of my day. Organic peanut butter and a couple of rice cakes (and btw, I have always loved rice cakes, I cant mess those up) for my snack. One of my meals for lunch, a protein shake, and then a meal for dinner. The food portion of this challenge really can't get any easier. Now the physical exercise, well lets just say I am still searching for motivation. I am going to do what I have to, but, it doesn't mean I am happy about it just yet. I am hoping that the fufillment I feel after working out will be enough to motivate me and allow me to enjoy it. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment